The Michael Aram Black Orchid Collection was inspired by the powerful sensuality of orchids and the rich ambiance of haute couture – strikingly simple yet full of the most extreme detail. The collection has an almost gothic feeling – opiated, lush, and smoldering – like the dark, velvety atmosphere of a luxurious evening.
"There is something so seductive about orchids. In blackened nickel, they are even more sublime, like a woman wearing a black velvet gown floating through a great estate or a glassy urban high-rise. The dark atmosphere of the orchids against the hammered metal is like the afterglow of a beautiful evening." Michael Aram
5.5"H, 4" Dia.
Black Nickelplate, Stainless Steel
Each Michael Aram metal object undergoes a series of grinding, buffing and polishing techniques. Variations or 'imperfections' in the product's finish are characteristic of the creation process. Due to this handmade nature, no two pieces are ever exactly alike.
- Not recommended for the dishwasher
- Hand wash with mild soap, a soft sponge and water
- Do not soak, even in plain water, or leave unwashed overnight
- Dry immediately with a soft cloth to avoid spots
- Avoid any detergent with lemon or other acidic agents
- Do not use abrasive cleaners, steel wool or scouring pads that can scratch and dull metal surfaces
- As with all metals, never place in microwave oven