The texture of hammertone is an ancient surface treatment for metal that is achieved through the painstaking application of hammer marks, one by one, with the intention of shaping the metal into various forms. The resulting surface texture is vibrant, faceted and as contemporary as it is timeless.
"While the immediate narrative in this motif is not as obvious as most of my work, it has just as much meaning. This texture speaks to me of everything I love about Indian hand craftsmanship...rich with the presence of the maker's hand, complex and beautiful, and highly symbolic of human endeavor." Michael Aram
5 x 7 Photo, 7.75"W x 9.75"L
Each Michael Aram metal object undergoes a series of grinding, buffing and polishing techniques. Variations or 'imperfections' in the product's finish are characteristic of the creation process. Due to this handmade nature, no two pieces are ever exactly alike.
- Not recommended for dishwasher
- Hand wash with a soft sponge, mild soap and water
- Do not soak, even in plain water, or leave unwashed overnight
- Dry immediately with a soft cloth to avoid spots
- Do not use abrasive cleaners, steel wool or scouring pads that can scratch and dull metal surfaces